Thursday, March 24, 2016

Always Fixing Something



I connect with music and dance on a spiritual level. I shared this on FB a little while ago and have watched it about a hundred times since. I honestly feel like Mitch sent me this video.

Here's my breakdown: In the beginning, the girl symbolically can't get out of bed. Oh, how I have felt this. She's stuck until the guy rips the sheet off and helps restart her body. Even the way he rips the sheet off her reminds me of Mitch. There were a few grumbly mornings that Mitch did this to me so I'd get out of bed (I'm definitely not a morning person). Mitch never did things without purpose. I also relate to the intensity in the guy's face and how much Mitch wants me to be able to live again.

Throughout the video, I love how dirty the guy gets trying to lift her up. It reminds me of how Mitch would do anything to help me. I also think about Mitch's complete disregard for wearing any particular thing to complete any particular task. He wouldn't think twice about getting under a car in a suit or building a table in whatever new thing I bought him.

Mitch and I had a conversation a little while ago about this song. I asked him, "Do you have a song that makes you feel like you can do anything?" He shook his head, didn't care for music the way I do. He stuck to Andy McKee and Jack Johnson, just for background noise. I told him how the instrumental part of this song was that for me and then made him listen to it super loud. I cried the first time watching this video when, during that part, the girl is smiling and running. I mean mayyyyybe this video wasn't created especially for me...but I'm pretty sure it was ;)

I love the side by side dancing, just after the running part. It makes me think of how Mitch and I are still accomplishing things together, just on either side of the veil. And how happy the dancers are! I want to feel that same enthusiasm for the work I still have to do here. And the connection they still have the whole time. I love it all.

I love that they are wearing white. I love that she's wearing red lipstick. I love that her white dress is a high/low like my wedding dress. I love that part she runs at him (2:59-3:01) and completely trusts him to catch her. I love that he helps her walk. I love that he carries her. I love that he leaves her where she started, but completely changed. I love the beautiful lines. The power and strength in their bodies.

Thanks for sending me this video, Mitch. I love you.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!