Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Favorite Movie of All Time



I've never been one to be able to narrow down a favorite book, song or movie so this is a pretty big deal. I honestly love everything about this movie. The quirky characters, gorgeous English scenery, the love (not just between the two main characters) and the wonderful feel-good message of the whole film. I've just recently discovered this movie and I've already watched it twice! I wish I could even describe the brilliance of it and how deeply I connect with it in so many ways, but you will just have to go watch it and tell me what you think ;)

To briefly set the scene above, the two main characters find themselves on their wedding day! Previously, Mary (Rachel McAdams) vowed NOT to walk down the aisle to Tim's favorite song "Il Mundo" after he begged (it was a favorite of his and his father's). As you'll see in the clip, the weather is pretty awful but the couple doesn't spend a moment worrying about it. In fact, I think they kind of enjoyed it. I love that the weather is awful. I love that she wears red. I love how the groom dances and the look on her face as she walks down the aisle. I love the cute church. I love the flower crowned sister. I love that the grumpiest character gives his umbrella to a lady on the way to the reception. This movie, guys. It's everything.

Disclaimer: This movie is rated R which I did not know going into it but it was pretty mild. There are a few f-bombs (which somehow don't bother me as much when they are said with a British accent, go figure) and one shot during a museum scene of a large photo of Kate Moss topless (it's super tasteful in my opinion). Additionally, there are a handful of references to sex but the sex scenes themselves are as mild as they are in PG13 movies. At the end of the day, a beautiful film that is definitely worth the handful of moments I'd normally avoid.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you finally watched it!! My old roommate Kelly had me watch it a couple years ago...and I too love it. It is so beautiful and the emotion of life and the love we have for people is so stunning and realistic portrayed in it :)

    ReplyDelete